For years the only way to correct crooked or misaligned teeth was with traditional metal braces. While effective, many patients put off getting their teeth straightened because of the appearance of metal braces. Fortunately, there is now Invisalign clear alignment trays that can be used as an alternative to metal braces. As San Diego’s premier dentist, Dr. Rosenfeld can help you determine whether Invisalign is right for you and get you set up with your own custom-made clear alignment trays.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic device used to straighten teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign clear alignment trays are made of a clear thermoplastic and are manufactured specifically for your teeth. Using computer-aided-design and computer-aided-manufacturing, Invisalign trays are crafted to fit perfectly on your teeth. You can also use your custom aligners as whitening trays during treatment. Invisalign is the perfect solution for those who had orthodontics as an adolescent and now have crowded lower teeth.
While Invisalign may not be for everyone, the benefits of clear alignment trays are far-reaching. Some of the benefits of Invisalign clear alignment trays are:
- Appearance: One of the most obvious benefits of Invisalign is their appearance. Since Invisalign trays are clear, no one will even notice when you have your tray in.
- Comfort: Invisalign clear alignment trays are made from a flexible thermoplastic that is remarkably comfortable to wear. Additionally, Invisalign trays are removable so if they ever irritate your gums you can simply remove them for a few minutes.
- Convenience: As previously mentioned, Invisalign trays are removable. This means that you don’t have to give up your favorite foods, like popcorn, like you do with traditional metal braces.
- Improved Hygiene: Since Invisalign trays are removable, taking proper care of your teeth is much easier. While you have to brush and floss around braces, you can just remove Invisalign trays and practice your normal oral hygiene routine with ease.
- Treatment Period: One of the lesser known benefits of Invisalign is the decreased treatment period. In fact, Invisalign trays often realign teeth in one year. In addition, fewer dental appointments are needed.
If you are in need of braces and are interested in Invisalign clear aligners you can contact Dr. Rosenfeld here or call us at 858.755.1189.