Reducing Patient Anxiety
Let’s face it…everyone feels a little bit anxious before they undergo a comprehensive dental procedure. At Dr. Rosenfeld’s clinic, we make sure that you are comfortable the moment that you arrive in the office. Additionally, we utilize two sedation procedures that ensure a worry-free session.
Our Conscious Sedation Techniques
Some procedures require that you stay conscious so that you can reply to Dr. Rosenfeld verbally. At our clinic, we use an anesthesia administered orally via tablet. Typically, the tablet is taken an hour before the procedure so that you are comfortable and won’t experience any pain. For this anesthesia, you will need to have someone bring you to the clinic and take you home after your appointment.
Sedation With Nitrous Oxide
Another technique that has been proven to reduce patient anxiety is nitrous oxide gas. This technique uses a light breathing device that is placed over your nose. If you are coming to and leaving the clinic on your own, we recommend this option. Nitrous oxide dissipates quickly, allowing you to travel safely.
Beyond Sedation: Feeling Totally Comfortable in a Safe and Caring Environment
Sedation dentistry helps alleviate any anxiety that you or your family may feel before and during a session with Dr. Rosenfeld. Patients that opt for a sedation session:
- Experience reduced anxiety before, during, and after their appointment.
- Will often not remember nervousness experienced during treatment.
- Are awake enough to answer and respond to Dr. Rosenfeld during a procedure, but relaxed enough so that they don’t experience pain during the treatment.
In addition to tablet sedation and nitrous oxide options, there are a wide variety of amenities employed at Dr. Rosenfeld’s clinic to make your experience comfortable including:
- Comfortable towels, pillows, and blankets.
- Games for children, music, reading material, and television in the lounge.
- The latest technology to ensure the best treatment outcome possible.
Do you want a treatment experience that alleviates anxiety and delivers patient-centered dental care? Contact Dr. Rosenfeld’s clinic today at 858-755-1189 to schedule an appointment.