Solana Beach Dental Crowns
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a kind of cap for teeth that is placed over an existing tooth. The dental crown covers the portion of the tooth above the gumline and protects the tooth from tooth decay and other problems. Our porcelain crowns look and feel completely natural. Dental crowns can help if you have cracked, chipped, broken, or discolored teeth.
A dental crown may also help if you’ve had an abundance of dental work done. Dental crowns used to be made with metal, but now we use porcelain to mimic the natural appearance of a tooth. Our Solana Beach office offers metal free restorations.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns:
- Porcelain crowns are caps for teeth that look natural and function just like regular teeth.
- Porcelain crowns feel completely comfortable.
- Porcelain crowns can be cared for just like your regular teeth.
- Porcelain crowns are individually made to fit perfectly in each patient’s mouth.
- Porcelain crowns can help fill gaps and can correct cracked, chipped, broken or discolored teeth.
- Porcelain crowns can be used to secure other teeth appliances.
- First your remaining tooth will be shaped so that the porcelain crown can be bonded on top of it.
- While your custom dental crown is being created we will place a provisional crown.
- After your dental crown is finished, the provisional crown will be removed and the custom dental crown will be bonded over the top of your natural tooth.
If you want to know more about porcelain crowns, or if a cap for teeth is right for you, contact our Solana Beach office and set up an appointment, or call us at 858.755.1189.