Promoting Oral Health: Routine Checkups
Regardless of your at-home dental care regimen, routine checkups with your dentist are essential to oral health. While your brushing and flossing habits may be up to par, clean teeth aren’t the only thing covered in routine checkups. Of course, brushing and flossing are necessary, and Dr. Rosenfeld will even provide your with a thorough teeth cleaning, but there’s much more involved in routine checkups. In short, they’re needed in preventing a variety of both dental and health issues, but ultimately, checkups ensure proper oral health.
Here at our Solana Beach practice, general dentist Dr. Rosenfeld is committed to providing nearby patients with the best in dental care. Backed by an expert team, Dr. Rosenfeld provides patients in Solana Beach and the surrounding areas with a broad range of dental services, and these include routine checkups, as they’re an essential part of promoting great oral health. Take a moment to learn more about the importance of regular checkups, as well as what’s involved in the process. We’ll gladly fill you in.
Routine Checkups: What’s Involved?
As mentioned, routine checkups aren’t necessarily limited to teeth cleanings. While checkups most often include a thorough cleaning, there are plenty more reasons to visit the dentist regularly. While you may brush and floss as recommended, that doesn’t mean dental issues won’t arise. Plus, you may not be aware of some issues, as pain and appearance aren’t always factors. At a routine checkup, Dr. Rosenfeld can check for issues like these. In addition to cleanings, a routine checkup can include any of the following:
- Oral Cancer Screening: Oral cancer is expected to affect over 40,000 Americans in 2016 alone. Dr. Rosenfeld offers oral cancer screenings at checkups to ensure you’re free of such. You should have these done once a year.
- Check for Gum Disease: Gingivitis and gum disease are two common issues within patients, but they don’t always notice the initial signs. Fortunately, Dr. Rosenfeld can help and check for issues during your checkup.
- Address Tooth Pain: If you’ve been experiencing any tooth pain, you can address this with Dr. Rosenfeld during the checkup and he can look for the source of the problem.
- Additional Issues: In addition to gum disease and oral cancer, Dr. Rosenfeld can look for any concerning issues during your checkup, then schedule an appointment for any necessary treatment to follow.
Benefits of Regular Checkups
Of course, when you come into our Solana Beach office for regular checkups, both your oral and overall health are benefitted. This is because some dental issues can, like gum disease, can actually affect more than just your mouth. But the benefits of routine checkups don’t end there. Take a look at the list below to see more:
- Prevent cavities and gum disease
- Maintain a whiter smile
- Prevent risk of future issues
- Keeps breath fresh
- Avoid tooth loss and/or extraction
- Promote better oral and overall health
- Catch early stages of oral cancer
General Dentistry Solana Beach: Routine Checkups
Clearly, visiting Dr. Robert Rosenfeld regularly for routine checkups has its advantages, but doing so is also necessary in maintaining proper oral health. Dental checkups are quick, easy, painless, and effective.
If you’d like to schedule an appointment at our Solana Beach practice, you can give us a call at 858.755.1189. You can also contact us here.