Sometimes the less intense dental treatments like dental bonding just don’t get enough attention. Sure, it’s not a root canal, but tooth bonding can still make a huge difference in the lives of our patients. So here’s to dental bonding, the unsung hero of cosmetic dentistry.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is made out of a moldable tooth-colored resin material. We can place this resin on your teeth and use it to form your tooth into a more beautiful shape. Once the resin is in place, we’ll shine a UV light on the spot to solidify the resin and bond it to your tooth.
What Does Dental Bonding Do?
Tooth bonding is super versatile. It can help with several cosmetic issues you might be concerned about:
- A broken tooth.
- Chipped teeth.
- Peg teeth, or underdeveloped teeth.
- Some cracks or stains in teeth.
- Gaps between teeth.
How Can Dental Bonding Help Me?
While certainly not the most thorough or durable way to repair your teeth, dental bonding is versatile, affordable, and effective. If you have some cosmetic issues you’d like taken care of, dental bonding can:
- Prevent Further Damage: Leaving breaks, cracks, or chips in your teeth can lead to further damage as you continue to speak and eat like normal. Dental bonding can repair and strengthen damaged teeth so they stay healthy.
- Increase Self-Confidence: When you’re smile looks amazing with the help of dental bonding, you won’t feel like you have to cover up your smile anymore. You can show off your beautiful teeth proudly.
- Create a Uniform Smile: Dental bonding is a great way to get all your teeth to match. Whether some are unevenly spaced, slightly crooked, or are shaped funny, dental bonding can smooth out those issues and unite your smile.
Ready To Try Tooth Bonding Yourself?
Contact Robert Rosenfeld DDS today to learn more about how dental bonding can benefit you.