What Are Dental Implants?
Losing a tooth can be devastating, but dental implants offer an excellent solution. Dental implants consist of titanium posts designed to act like the root of your tooth. An implant can provide support for a denture, a single tooth, or several teeth.
We utilize state-of-the-art implant dentistry procedures to ensure quality tooth restorations for our patients. Implant-supported restorations look and feel natural and are designed to blend in with your remaining teeth to give you a stunning smile.
The Benefits of Dental Implants:
Dental implants from our office in Solana Beach can improve your smile, but did you know they can also improve functionality? We provide dental implants because:
- Dental implants can restore the function of your bite.
- Implants can make speaking more comfortable.
- They are designed to look and feel like your natural teeth.
- An implant supported restoration can restore your confidence.
- Dental implant-supported restorations function like regular teeth.
- You can continue to take care of your implants the same way you would your natural teeth.
- A missing tooth can be replaced without cutting down adjacent healthy teeth, which is required when placing a dental bridge.
- Dental implants can provide a more stable base for a denture, especially in the lower jaw.
- Dental implants encourage jawbone regrowth and higher bone density in the area of the missing tooth.
If you have a missing tooth and you want a more permanent solution, ask us about our dental implants today. We want to help you restore your smile and start feeling confident again!
The first step is an in-office consultation, where Dr. Rosenfeld can examine your teeth to ensure you are ready for a dental implant. The titanium alloy implant is then placed in your jawbone during the implant dentistry procedure. The implant functions just like your natural tooth root.
After this first implant dentistry procedure, you may need some time to heal before we place your restoration tooth. During this healing period, the dental implant becomes integrated with your jawbone, providing a sturdy foundation for your crown.
Once the implant has finished fusing with your jaw, the restoration can be place. The restoration consists of an abutment that is attached to the dental implant. The crown is then secured on top of the abutment.
Once the process is complete, you can enjoy your new tooth and beautifully restored smile!
Restoring Your Smile for Aesthetic and for Health
Dr. Rosenfeld understands how hard it is for a patient to have a missing tooth. We are happy to offer this procedure to assist with improving the look of your smile. A dental implant also increases bone density and keeps decay from building around the gap of a missing tooth.
To Find Out More About Implant Dentistry, Call Us Today!
To find out if an implant dentistry procedure is right for you, call us at our Solana Beach office today. You can also contact us here. We’re excited to meet you and show you how implant dentistry can improve your smile!