Dental veneers can give you an award-winning smile while providing a layer of protection for your teeth. Veneers are made with either a composite or porcelain material, and they can restore a chipped or discolored tooth, lengthen shorter teeth, or cover a permanent stain.
Are Veneers Right For You?
During your initial appointment, Dr. Rosenfeld examines your teeth to ensure dental veneers will work for you. Together, we create a plan for your new smile. Dental veneers are a great alternative when you have a stain or discoloration that can’t be whitened with teeth bleaching.
Veneers may be a great fit for you if:
- You have a deep stain or tooth discoloration that goes more than surface deep. Veneers are a great alternative for teeth that have suffered a traumatic event or teeth stained by medication.
- Some of your teeth are shorter because of normal wear and tear. You may also have a misshapen tooth that can be reshaped with a dental veneer.
- Alignment treatments don’t work because your teeth are spaced too closely together. Veneers are also a great alternative when you have just a few teeth out of place and don’t want to use an entire set of braces or wait a year or more to get them straightened.
A Painless Path to the Perfect Smile
The process starts with cleaning and local anesthesia. Dr. Rosenfeld will shape your teeth so that the veneer fits seamlessly. Only a minimal amount of your enamel is removed to help protect your natural tooth structure. An impression of the tooth is also taken.
Temporary veneers are placed while the permanent fittings are created at a dental lab. Generally, this process takes about two weeks. At your next visit, Dr. Rosenfeld will use a cementing compound to make sure that your new veneers are permanently bonded in place.
Caring For Your Perfect Smile
After your veneers are fitted, we recommend following a few precautions to protect your smile:
- Cut up hard foods—especially apples, carrots, and celery.
- Be careful with foods that contain seeds (like watermelon).
- Use caution when playing contact sports and exercising. Use a mouth guard when necessary.
Additionally, keep brushing and flossing. Good dental hygiene goes a long way toward preventing tooth decay. Emphasis on a good diet will help keep those veneers lasting longer. When drinking coffee, soda, or wine, use a straw to minimize contact with your teeth.
Ready for a Dazzling Smile with Dental Veneers? Give Us a Call Today!
Are you interested in a beautiful new smile with the help of dental veneers? Schedule an appointment with Dr. Rosenfeld today by calling 858-755-1189. We look forward to meeting you!