Proper dental care is one of the best ways people can avoid cavities, gum disease, or tooth extraction. As a parent, you want your child to have healthy teeth and gums too. Home care is essential, but you should also bring your child in to see Dr. Robert Rosenfeld for pediatric dental care.
Between professional and at-home care, your child can maintain proper oral health habits from an early age. Dental care is a lifetime practice, and our office in Solana Beach offers pediatric dental care as part of our family and general dentistry services. You can get exceptional dental care for the whole family, no matter the age.
General Dentistry Solana Beach: Pediatric Dental Care
Pediatric dentistry has many advantages when it comes to providing dental treatment for children. You can bring your child in as soon as the first tooth erupts. Dr. Rosenfeld can begin assessing your child’s mouth and watching for any potential issues.
Bringing your child to an experienced pediatric dentist can:
- Ensure proper health throughout growth and development. Once your child reaches 3 years of age, Dr. Rosenfeld starts tooth-by-tooth assessments, monitoring both tooth and jaw development.
- Ease dental fears with routine checkups from a caring and compassionate dental team.
- Educate your child on the value of proper oral care from an early age. Good dental habits help maintain healthy smiles for years to come.
- Help kids adjust to visiting the dentist regularly.
We care about your child and we work hard to provide the best pediatric dental care possible.
What’s Involved in Pediatric Dental Care?
Dr. Rosenfeld can monitor newly-erupting teeth and ensure they remain free of cavities. We can also detect problems early on, including problematic teeth, overcrowding, and jaw misalignment. At our Solana Beach practice, we’ll keep a close eye on your child’s development and talk to you about any issues that arise.
When you come to your child’s first dentist appointment, you can expect the following:
- Dr. Rosenfeld will discuss the child’s oral habits, including harmful habits like thumb sucking and tongue thrusting.
- Discuss proper nutrition for your child’s teeth.
- Lay out proper oral care practices.
- Assess your child’s mouth for existing issues.
- Plan for future appointments.
- Monitor tooth and jaw movement.
Starting your child with dental care at an early age certainly has its benefits, for both your child and you as a parent. When your child practices proper oral care, you’ll likely have fewer visits to the dentist. Plus, you can rest assured knowing your child is on the right path for a lifetime of beautiful and healthy teeth!
To Schedule A Pediatric Care Appointment, Call Us Today
If you’d like to schedule an appointment for your child, you can give us a call today at 858-755-1189 or contact us here. We’re excited to meet you and your child and to show you how we can improve your oral health.