Routine checkups are essential for good oral health. Brushing and flossing are still necessary, and Dr. Rosenfeld can provide you with a professional teeth cleaning, but a routine checkup is more than just a cleaning.
Here at our Solana Beach practice, general dentist Dr. Rosenfeld is committed to providing nearby patients with the best treatments and techniques in dental care. Backed by an expert team, Dr. Rosenfeld provides patients in Solana Beach and the surrounding areas with a broad range of dental services. Our dental services include routine checkups as an essential part of promoting great oral health.
Routine Checkups: What’s Involved?
A routine checkup and exam actually occurs in addition to your teeth cleanings. Taking care of your own teeth at home by brushing and flossing twice a day is great, but visiting a dentist is necessary to catch dental issues like cavities or problematic teeth. You may not be aware of issues, especially when pain isn’t a factor.
Our routine checkups also include the following:
- Oral Cancer Screening: Oral cancer is expected to affect over 54,000 Americans in 2021 alone. Dr. Rosenfeld offers oral cancer screenings at checkups to ensure you are not showing any signs or symptoms. We check for oral cancers at least once a year.
- Gum Disease Detection: Gingivitis and periodontitis are two common gum disease issues we see in our patients. However, you may not notice the initial signs on your own. Fortunately, Dr. Rosenfeld can check for gum issues during your checkup.
- Addressing Tooth Pain: If you’ve been experiencing any tooth pain, you can discuss the problem area with Dr. Rosenfeld during the checkup. We can then focus on the issue and discover its source.
- Double-Checking for Additional Issues: In addition to gum disease and oral cancer, Dr. Rosenfeld can look for any concerning issues during your checkup. We can then schedule an appointment for any necessary follow-up treatment.
Benefits of Regular Checkups
Of course, when you come into our Solana Beach office for regular checkups, your oral health and overall health both benefit. This is because some dental issues can, like gum disease, can actually affect more than just your mouth. Our regular checkups can:
- Prevent cavities and gum disease.
- Help you maintain a whiter smile.
- Prevent risk of future dental issues.
- Make your breath feel more fresh.
- Assist in avoiding tooth loss and/or extraction.
- Promote better oral and overall health.
- Catch early stages of oral cancer.
General Dentistry Solana Beach: Routine Checkups
Visiting Dr. Robert Rosenfeld regularly for routine checkups has clear advantages, but doing so is also necessary in maintaining proper oral health. Dental checkups are quick, easy, painless, and effective.
Schedule Your Routine Exam Today
If you’d like to schedule a routine checkup appointment at our Solana Beach practice, you can give us a call at 858-755-1189. You can also contact us here. We’re excited to meet you and show you how you can maintain a happy and healthy smile!