We encourage regular teeth brushing and flossing. However, a deep cleaning is needed about every six months to ensure optimal oral health. Visit general dentist Robert Rosenfeld DDS in Solana Beach, an essential treatment for the health of your gums and teeth.
Located in Solana Beach, Dr. Rosenfeld and our expert team are committed to providing nearby patients with all their dental needs. One of the most important treatments we can offer patients are thorough dental cleanings to ensure their mouths are as healthy as possible.
You can have your cleaning done right here in Solana Beach as part of the general dentistry services Dr. Rosenfeld offers. Our caring dental team can also provide patients with education on proper dental hygiene habits and why professional cleanings are necessary.
Teeth Cleanings: What You Can’t Do at Home
Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once have long been the most effective means of at-home dental care. Brushing helps to remove food debris and plaque from tooth surfaces, while flossing works to remove food particles from the gaps in between your teeth. Together, brushing and flossing can effectively help prevent cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease.
Professional cleanings, however, are designed to be a deep, detailed cleaning of your entire mouth. Dr. Rosenfeld is equipped with the tools and knowledge needed to remove plaque and tartar build-up from your teeth. We also check the inside of your mouth for symptoms of small dental issues that could turn into big problems if left untreated.
From your far-back molars to tight gaps between the teeth, Dr. Rosenfeld can make sure each of these areas are thoroughly cleaned and free of plaque. Having clean teeth means fewer cavities, fewer problems with decay, and an infection-free and pain-free smile.
Benefits of Regular Teeth Cleanings
Though plaque-free teeth and healthy gums are two of the most beneficial results of proper oral care, dental cleanings have additional benefits. Not only will dental cleanings help you maintain excellent oral health, they’ll prevent other health risks associated with poor oral health.
Additional benefits of professional teeth cleanings include:
- During a professional cleaning, dentists can remove stains that can dull and yellow your teeth. You can leave our office after your cleaning with a brighter looking smile.
- Dental cleanings can prevent gum disease. Severe gum diseases like periodontitis can be associated with heart disease, so you’ll also be reducing your risk for heart attacks and stroke.
- During cleanings, Dr. Rosenfeld can check for any issues that could become difficult to treat later on—like oral cancer, cavities, and infections.
- Teeth cleanings keep your breath fresh.
- Regular cleanings can prevent serious issues like root canals, tooth extractions, and more. You can save money simply by coming in for routine dental cleanings twice a year.
General Dentistry Solana Beach: Teeth Cleanings
Teeth cleanings from a general dentist like Robert Rosenfeld DDS can give you a happy, healthy smile. Our teeth cleanings can also assist in preventing health problems and costly treatments in the future.
To Schedule Your Cleaning with Dr. Rosenfeld, Call Our Office Today!
At our office, we understand the importance of a healthy and clean smile. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Rosenfeld in Solana Beach, give us a call at 858-755-1189 or contact us here. We look forward to your visit!